AARAMBH is a non-profit charity organization based and working in Navi Mumbai, India. This non-government organization (NGO) was created as a Community Service Center for the most marginalized families living in urban slum communities and rural areas.
When founded in 1996, our primary goal was to provide educational and health support to drop –outs & out-of-school children and enroll them into regular schools. We have succeeded in this endeavor, growing from 70 children in one center in 1996, to approximately 2000 children, women and youth in 10 community centers today. We remain fully committed to providing vulnerable children with an opportunity to receive education and realize their potential in life.
They are looking for committed and talented indivuduals to volunteer. They offer different positions within their NGO : a teacher, a mentor, a counsel…
Navi Mumbai ( New Bombay), a satellite township to Bombay with its broad roads and beautiful railway stations is also home to thousands of migrants who have come to this city in search of employment. They live in small shanties put on the side of roads, under flyovers and along railway tracks. These areas have no sanitation and drinking water facilities. Diseases like T.B., Malaria, etc are common and the worst sufferers are the children.
To fight this observation, the NGO acts to :
– Motivate parents from slum communities to send their children to school
– Encourage women to acquire skills that will help them earn reasonable wages
– Sensitize the local community about Child Rights
– Network with local governments & community groups to create bonds for collective action towards effective utilization of public services
– Enhance the capacity of the youth groups to take leadership roles in the community
They need your active support. You can check their website to get more information.
Please click on the volunteer link below to discuss with the NGO how you can help.