Unique Thai home stays and tours to support social project
Local Alike partners with local villages in Thailand to offer you the best authentic experience in Thailand. Their immersive trips encourage you to live like a local; they also facilitate cultural exchanges between you and local friends.
This social enterprise has five key goals in making a positive impact on society; these are:
- To foster the fair distribution of income to the local community
- Promote a good quality of life for people in the community
- Promote conservation of cultural arts and local wisdom
- Reduce migration from rural to urban areas
- Promote cultural exchanges between tourists and the community by creating alternatives for visitors to make contact with the local culture and lifestyle and experience it deeply.
Currently travel services come in three forms: the overnight Village Tour travel program, Day Tours, and the Activity-Based Tourism half-day tours. Aside from this, Local Alike also provides customized design and development of tour routes for tourists, schools, and other organizations.
To read some of the social impact stories created by Local Alike, check out their photo journal here.